Business Development & Sales Manager - Northern Germany (m/f/d)
Responsibilities will include the following listed below and other duties may be assigned depending on the needs of the business:
- Sales of scientific instruments and services within agreed territory
- Manage sales process for assigned territory from lead generation through closing of sales
- Meet or exceed sales targets
- Develop and maintain a current and credible technical understanding of relevant company products
- Contribute to the development and implementation of annual sales plan which ties into overall business plan.
- Sell consultatively: be able to recommend to prospects the appropriate products, systems, and company solutions that meet their business needs
- Develop and maintain a database of customers and qualified leads
- Assist in the development and implementation of company marketing plans
- Collaborate as needed with other sales representatives
- Identify, document requirements, and communicate potential new product, service, and solution opportunities for company
- Handle customer issues, ensuring that they are properly documented, communicated, and followed up by assigned company staff
- Maintain accurate records of all sales and prospecting activities including sales calls, presentations, closed sales, and follow up activities within their assigned territory
- Develop and deliver sales presentations tailored to specific customer and markets
- Participate in planning and execution of seminars, workshops and trade shows
- Adhere to all company policies, procedures, and business ethics codes and ensures that they are communicated and implemented within the team
- Initial training in the first 0-6 months may involve extensive travel/work in Germany, UK, Holland and the USA
The position of Business Development & Sales Manager requires an experienced a broad range of technical and sales capabilities, including, but not limited to:
- Minimum of 2-3 years of experience in sales of laboratory instrumentation or equivalent professional experience
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent relevant work experience
- Higher qualifications eg PhD in materials characterisation or porous materials also welcome
- Well developed communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to achieve sales targets
- Demonstrated ability to manage sales pipeline
- Proven ability and willingness to travel (extensive regional travel, occasional national and international travel) 60% travelling
- Demonstrated ability to keep good records relating to customers and transactions
- Personal and professional integrity
- Experience managing aspects of customer relationships
- Good understanding of customer and market dynamics/requirements
- Proven ability to quickly become technically credible in new areas
- Excellent communications skills including writing and speaking
- Proven ability to positively influence buying decisions of end users and decision makers
- Ability to develop and deliver credible technical presentations
- Excellent communications skills including writing and speaking of English as well as fluent in German.
Qualifications & Education Requirements
The position requires a person with a Bachelor of Science or Engineering or similar qualifications, higher qualifications eg PhD in materials characterisation or porous materials also welcome.
- Must be prepared to travel both Nationally and Internationally.
- Personal and professional integrity is key.
The job description has been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by employees within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of employees assigned to the role.
Interested individuals should send CV with the job title "Business Development & Sales Manager (Northern Germany)" online.
Unit 5 Wharfside Rosemont Road
Middlesex, HA0 4PE
Tel.: +44 208 795 9400