Thermo Electron Sells Test and Measurement Business to SPX Corporation
Thermo Electron Corporation announced that it has sold its test and measurement business to the Ling Dynamic Systems (LDS) business of SPX Corporation for an undisclosed cash amount. The Thermo business, formerly part of the company"s Measurement and Control sector, had approximately $25 million in revenues in 2002.
Thermo"s test and measurement business consists of high-performance data acquisition systems used in research, process maintenance, and physiological applications to measure various physical parameters such as stress, vibration, and temperature sold under the Nicolet and Gould brands. The sale included U.S. operations in Wisconsin and Ohio, and European facilities in France, Germany, the Netherlands and the U.K. The Nicolet line of spectroscopy systems, included in Thermo"s Life and Laboratory Sciences sector, was not part of the sale.
Marijn E. Dekkers, president and chief executive officer of Thermo Electron, said, "We constantly evaluate our businesses to determine whether they fit our long-term strategy for growth. We believe this test and measurement business did not represent a strategic growth platform for Thermo and is, in fact, a much better fit with LDS"s systems-analysis business."
Quelle: Thermo Electron
- Thermo Electron to Acquire Kendro Laboratory Products (11.02.2005)
- Dr. Hartmut Braun becomes Managing Director (16.04.2004)
- Thermo Electron Named Life Science Instrument Company of the Year (20.11.2003)
- Thermo Electron Acquires Laboratory Services Provider LMSi (10.11.2003)
- Thermo Electron to Acquire French Lab-Equipment Seller Jouan (23.09.2003)