PerkinElmer Forms Life and Analytical Sciences Organization
New Organization Leverages Technology, Sales and Operational Strengths of Life Sciences and Analytical Instruments Business Units to Better Serve Customers
PerkinElmer, Inc. announced the combination of its Life Sciences and Analytical Instruments business units into a new integrated business named Life and Analytical Sciences. The new business will leverage the strengths of the respective sales, service, and R&D organizations along with operational scale to better serve customers. Peter B. Coggins, PhD., formerly president of PerkinElmer Life Sciences, will serve as president of the new organization, effective immediately. The new organization has approximately $1 billion in revenue, more than 2,000 sales, service and applications support personnel, and an annual R&D budget of $65 million.
"An integrated Life and Analytical Sciences organization will enable PerkinElmer to provide a single, unified face to our customers in the biopharmaceutical and clinical diagnostics markets, as well as bring greater resources to our analytical customers," said Gregory L. Summe, chairman and CEO of PerkinElmer, Inc. "It also enables us to better leverage our R&D investment, global sales and service network, and operational capabilities. This simpler, more streamlined structure is consistent with our strategy of developing a cost-effective, customer-oriented and innovative organization, and is an important step in growing our health sciences businesses. Peter Coggins brings 29 years of health sciences experience, exceptional leadership skills, and a strong customer focus, making him the ideal candidate to lead the new Life and Analytical Sciences team."
Stephen P. DeFalco, the current president of Analytical Instruments, will assist in the transition through the end of the year. The new organization will be headquartered in Boston, and the company will continue to maintain a significant presence in Shelton, Connecticut, formerly headquarters of the Analytical Instruments business unit.
Quelle: PerkinElmer Instruments
Weitere Nachrichten dieser Firma
- PerkinElmer präsentiert das neue Optima™ 8x00 ICP-OES Spektrometer (19.07.2011)
- Neue Atomabsorptionsspektrometer der PinAAcle™-Serie - eine innovative Lösung für die hohen Anforderungen bei Metallprüfungen (14.07.2011)
- PerkinElmer stellt das neue Spectrum Two™ Spektrometer für die Hochgeschwindigkeits-Infrarotanalyse vor (01.03.2011)
- PerkinElmer stellt das Infrarot-Spektrometer Frontier™ vor, um die wachsenden Analyseanforderungen zu bewältigen (22.02.2011)
- ICP-MS-Systeme von PerkinElmer tragen zur Sicherheit in der chinesischen Kräuterheilkunde bei (23.06.2010)