Informatics Deployment Specialist (m/f)
Waters, the world's leading specialty measurement company that cares about inclusion and diversity is seeking for an Informatics Deployment Specialist to support the very successful growth of our businesses across Germany. Waters deliver benefits through innovation and people that enable customer success in the life, materials and food sciences. Our talented field sales / service and specialist teams have over the years delivered great and sustainable business results. With a constant focus on growth and by developing new markets we are able to increase the business even within very challenging economic circumstances.
The Informatics Deployment Specialist is the key contact for the installation, configuration, and support of Waters networked Informatics products. A person in this position acts as the infield technical expert for all aspects of proper design and deployment of networked Informatics products and as the lead technical liaison between Waters, the Laboratory users and the IT staff at customer locations. The Informatics Deployment Specialist provides advanced level Informatics technical support to customers. The position requires a combination of Laboratory-/Analytics workflows, IT and Informatics knowledge in addition to strong communications and time management skills. The nature of this position implies a significant impact on sales opportunities while still maintaining a professional services focus.
- Implement Waters networked Informatics Solutions at customer facilities
- Coordinate projects or assist as a member of a team tasked with defining processes and procedures required for the initial install or upgrade of Waters networked Informatics Solutions
- Assist customers with the design of IT infrastructure required to support enterprise level implementations of Waters Informatics Solutions
- Provide advanced level post-install technical support for customers
- Train customer representatives on proper administration and onsite support of Informatics environments through verbal communications, presentations and documentation
- Mentor Waters employees on topics related to the installation and support of Informatics Solutions
- Coordinate between customers and Waters in-house technical staff to resolve product issues and evaluate product capabilities
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or a Life Science discipline like Chemistry
- At least 3 years experience with the implementation or support of networked laboratory Informatics software systems
- At least 3 years experience supporting computer technologies and scientific software in regulated pharmaceutical businesses
- Experience as the primary coordinator or project manager for scientific software implementation projects that require multidiscipline group cooperation
- Experience either with the install (or upgrade) of at least one Waters networked Informatics product or at least 1 year of primary support for at least one Waters networked Informatics products
- Knowledge and experience with the usage and administration of multiple Waters Informatics Platforms
- Recognized certifications in one or more of the following technologies - Oracle, VMware, Linux, Citrix, networking, server clustering, IT security
- Experience acting as a laboratory assistant using Analytical Instruments and familiar with Lab-Workflows and procedures as well as using different kind of Software-Platforms (CDS, LIMS, ELN & SDMS...)
- Experience acting as a scientific technology consultant to companies with analytical laboratories
- Experience providing technical information and software training in written, verbal, and presentation formats
Please apply online.