European Spectroscopy Market Development Scientist (m/f)
Agilent Technologies - we stand for high-tech and laboratory expertise around the world. As a worldwide company based in Santa Clara (California/USA), in the heart of Silicon Valley, we offer instruments, software, services and supplies for the entire workflow in the analytical laboratory. Our solutions and products are used among other things for the development of new drugs, for food testing, in cancer research and in doping control. We inspire discoveries that advance the quality of life.
To strengthen our team, we are looking for a Regional Spectroscopy Market Development Scientist, as part of the EMEA Market Development team of Agilent Technologies. The team works closely with Segment Marketing on producing relevant content for marketing campaigns. It also works with Product Management, R&D, and Field Partners on development, transfer and potentially for producing new workflow solutions. Agilent offers a comprehensive portfolio of innovative solutions - from improving lab productivity, to workflow solutions developed to facilitate unlocking the complexities of today's environment in Academic Research, Food Testing, and Biotherapeutics as examples. We are hiring an experienced Spectroscopy scientist to support and develop scientific collaborations with key opinion leaders primarily in Environment and Food markets but not exclusively. You will help the company to stay current with emerging applications and approved methods, while developing integrated workflow solutions.
- Work closely with Global Market Development Manager to set Spectroscopy collaboration strategies in Europe, timelines and deliverables
- Develop technical relationship and leadership to drive strategic collaboration projects with industry leading scientists in Europe. Provide training and support to them through a well-defined collaboration scope of work. It will ensure key milestones are delivered on time and with high quality
- Guide the development of analytical workflow strategies and corresponding replicable applications to strengthen Agilent's value proposition and differentiation using an integrated approach including sample prep, UV-Vis, ICP-OES, MP-AES or ICP-MS technologies.
- Collaborate and ensure alignment of Spectroscopy collaboration plans among Segment Marketing, Product Management, Regional Market Development and Field Partners
- Effectively communicate the project results and a compelling story through application notes, posters, presentations, webinars, publications and international conferences when applicable. Support scientific community. This will contribute to the success of Spectroscopy business in the region.
- Stay alerted on important and relevant regulations, and market trends for identification of potential new collaborations and future projects
- Advanced Degree in Analytical or Physical Chemistry, or equivalent (demonstrated by 5+ years working experience in analytical chemistry and confirmation of technical Spectroscopy knowledge)
- Demonstrated expertise in operating ICP-MS, ICP-OES, UV-Vis systems and ability to work independently with such equipment to develop methods and trouble shoot both instrument set up and method chemistry in the process. Experience with Agilent systems is a plus.
- Demonstrated Business Acumen and understanding of creating customer value propositions. Our Scientists must contribute to research-to-business development initiatives.
- Highly organized, individual contributor able to deliver on plans and deadlines. Ability to act as Team Leader will be a plus.
- Project Management experience will be a plus. Keep all active projects well organized and optimized.
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Critical-Thinking: Being able to process the information or data in a way to make recommendations for improvement of workflows, software and hardware requirements to meet customer's needs
- Ability to travel in country as required up to 50% of the time
- Food / Environmental Industry expertise
- Outgoing personality and team work spirit
Agilent is an equal opportunity employer.
- Company pension scheme
- Work-Life-Balance programs
- Career development opportunities
Should you have any further questions in regards to the application process, please contact Marc Wolter on +44 (0)207 / 850 9207.
3 Avenue du Canada
F-91940 Les Ulis