Validated HPTLC Methods for Identification of Botanicals
Identification of medicinal plants is traditionally one of the premier fields of application for TLC. When quality and safety became an issue, methods for identification of herbal drugs by TLC fingerprint were readily implemented into pharmacopoeias all over the world. Recently the USP, the European Pharmacopoeia, and the Chinese Pharmacopoeia have revised their general TLC method section in order to keep up with the state of the art of the technique.
Methods for identification of some of the most important herbal drugs are available from CAMAG free of charge. Check the application notes for identification of different Ginseng species:
- Asian Ginseng (Panax ginseng), CAMAG application note F-31
- American Ginseng (Panax quinquefolium), CAMAG application note F-32
- Notoginseng (Panax notoginseng); CAMAG application note F-33
Now a comprehensive validated method for the identification of these Ginseng species and adulterations can be obtained free of charge from the CAMAG Laboratory. The method allows rapid and reliable identification of multiple samples on the same plate within 15 min. Based on the separation of the major ginsenosides species can be discriminated. Validated methods are also available for the identification of Eleuthero, Green Tea, Echinacea, Black Cohosh, Feverfew, Kava kava, Milk Thistle, Licorice, and Ginger.
- CAMAG Bibliography Service CBS 107 erschienen (02.11.2011)
- CAMAG Bibliography Service CBS 105 erschienen (26.11.2010)
- CAMAG Bibliography Service CBS 102 - kostenloser Literaturdienst für die DC (05.06.2009)
- "International Symposium for High Performance Thin-Layer Chromatography" vom 9. – 11. Oktober 2006 (29.08.2006)
- New edition of CAMAG Bibliography Service (28.06.2006)