Dionex makes Equity Investment in PharmaSeq
Dionex Corporation and Monmouth Junction, NJ - Pharmaseq today announced signing of a cooperative agreement under which Dionex will make an investment of $3 million in PharmaSeq. This agreement also provides Dionex with certain rights to negotiate access to PharmaSeq's technology.
PharmaSeq has developed the world's smallest microtransponder. It transmits a radio frequency signal which identifies biomolecules. This silicon chip provides a base for the development of a line of instruments for many types of biochemical tests in both research and diagnostics. The company has demonstrated prototypes, as well as associated methods for genomics and proteomics.
A. Blaine Bowman, CEO of Dionex, commented: "The investment in PharmaSeq is consistent with our policy of maintaining technological leadership, and represents another step in broadening our efforts in the life sciences. We actively seek access to innovative technologies, and view PharmaSeq as a provider of an exciting new platform that is applicable in genomics, proteomics, combinatorial chemistry and other fields."
Dr. Richard Morris, CEO of PharmaSeq, said: "Our relationship with Dionex will accelerate the development and introduction of our instrumentation systems into the marketplace. This is in line with our business model that relies on licensing technology to carefully chosen strategic partners for specific market segments."
Quelle: Dionex Corp.
- Dionex Expands HPLC Operations in Germany (22.05.2006)
- Dionex Wins Prestigious R&D 100 Award (10.12.2003)
- Dionex Expands International Infrastructure with New Subsidiary in Korea (17.10.2003)
- ICS-2000 System Wins Pittcon 2003 Gold Award for Best New Product (31.03.2003)
- Dionex Corporation Names Lukas Braunschweiler President and Chief Executive Officer (02.07.2002)